Guidelines for publication
- Only original, unpublished work is accepted. All manuscripts will be checked for plagiarism (both text and figures).
- Topics of manuscripts should cover the field of the journal, present scientific or technical novelties, deal with new methods and/or promote forests- and forest management-related issues.
- Manuscripts must be written double-spaced, have consecutive line numbering and must be ready for printing. For literature quotations, use the name of the author and year (in parentheses) in the text. For books, provide the surnames and initials of the author, title of the book, edition number, publishing house and place of publication and year. Journal articles: give surnames and initials of the author(s), title of the article, journal name, volume, issue and the first and last page number.
- Manuscripts should be arranged as follows:
- Title in German and English;
- Names and surnames of the author(s): affiliations and addresses, corresponding author;
- Key words: 3-6 terms, do not use words already present in the title (English and German);
- Abstract (English and German);
- Text of the article: preferably structured into introduction, material and methods, results, discussion. If needed a short conclusion section can be added. We encourage using clearly defined objectives at the end of the introduction.
- Reference list: please arrange the list alphabetically and make sure that all references are also cited in the text and that the formatting is consistent.
- All figures must be provided in electronic form, each figure on a separate sheet. An explanatory capture text in English and German should be given for all tables and figures. The text for the figures must be on a separate sheet and sequentially numbered. Please select your figures and tables in a sparingly way (i.e. they should support the statements made in the text and pertain to the objectives). The width-to-height of the figures is preferably 3:2 and each figure should be prepared that the content is easy to read when printed on an A4 page.
- After the review process and the final approval by the editor the corresponding author receives galley proofs for final minor corrections, which must be returned as soon as possible. Only setting (typing) errors can be corrected at this stage.
- Each author of an original article receives an author PDF copy.
- Please send your manuscript preferably by e-mail or 3 hard copies to:
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Hubert Hasenauer
Austrian Journal of Forest Science
c/o University of Life Sciences and Natural Resources Vienna
Institute of Silviculture
A-1190 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: ++43 1 47654 91311
Fax: ++43 1 47654 91309